September – What a Month

September – What a Month

September has just flown by; it feels like only 2 minutes ago that I was talking about the harsh month that was August.

September has been better, but mostly because it has been busy.   I can’t say that I’ve felt much better in myself, but I’ve been too busy to worry too much about my health and general discontent with life.  I’ve also been putting plans into place for feeling better  … they will take quite a while to filter through to life, but I’m hopeful that great things, both personally and professionally, are just around the corner.

One of these plans, and the only one that I’m ready to talk about, is my need to regain some semblance of creativity.   I’ve always been a naturally creative person; art was always my favourite subject at school, but with work and life pressures, creativity has slipped.   I simply haven’t made time for myself to be creative these past few years.   I’ve talked about it – but haven’t acted upon it until now.

This month I’ve taken time to practice some photography.  Its not taken any effort – I’ve just made sure to always have my camera on me.   I’ve read photography blogs for years and have started to act on some of their tips and tricks.   I will, probably, write a whole post about this further down the line.  But for now, these are some of my images from this past month …

Autumn Photography - Nature

September has been a month of travel.   The first weekend of the month was The Curve Fashion Festival, an excellent chance to meet up with fellow bloggers and indulge in a weekend of sheer fashion frivolity.

Liverpool is one of my favourite cities and I loved exploring the restaurants, meeting old and new friends, and enjoying the general party atmosphere that seems to embody the entire town.

I spent my days with blogging pals turned firm friends Amber In Red and Miss Kathryn’s Mistakes; ate a long, lazy breakfast with the beauty that is Becky Barnes; finally got to meet internet friends Chloe Pierre and Chloe in Curve (both of whom are just as lovely in person as they are online); and got a sneak preview of all the amazing forthcoming fashion from brands like New Look, In The Style Curve, and Navabi.

IMG_2321

It felt like just a hop, skip and jump between Liverpool and heading to Berlin with work, I was lucky enough to have some time to explore (in-between conference meetings and dinner dates) and you can read all about my time there in a post written earlier this month!

I was blessed with good weather and an amazing workwear wardrobe courtesy of Navabi and Elvi.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

In between trips, I had a weekend to relax and practice some self love.   Pampering was high on the agenda, as was clearing out the lounge.   I’m trying to minimise my belongings and this includes making my dark little lounge a bit brighter.  I’ve rid the lounge of one bookcase (the books safely stowed away in storage for when I have a house more capable of storing them) and a new sofa (well, borrowed from a friend) arrived.   Already the lounge is looking brighter but I still have a way to go before it is as I want it.

I was also able to fit in a little lingerie photoshoot for my a/w lingerie lookbook.   I shot the images out in the wild … well, the woods near my village and felt utterly invigorated after prancing about the woods in my underwear.

You can see the first of the posts here … but below are a few outtakes …

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And the end of the month saw me getting off to Spain for a little city break with the reluctant photographer pictured above.   You’ll have to wait to see pictures for that though … unless you follow me on instagram.

How has your month been?

SaveSaveSaveSave

1. October 20, 2017 / 6:05 pm

You took some lovely photos here,Charli. Enjoyed the one of the dog…he/she looked so curious as to what you were doing. Do post a picture of the lounge when you have it set up….

2. October 23, 2017 / 10:43 pm

I see what you mean about it being a busy month! You were here there and everywhere! Some awesome nature shots here – You are a natural.

3. October 24, 2017 / 8:25 am

You’re so inspiring! I’ve always found it difficult being a tall size 16 but I love all your looks! Gonna have to buy both outfits from the photos of you in Liverpool… the grey suede jacket & blouse one and the kimono & slip one! So gorgeous! And loved hearing about your adventures.

4. October 24, 2017 / 10:25 am

I can’t believe it’s October already. I love the photos you have taken they look great

5. October 24, 2017 / 1:02 pm

Flipping heck you have been busy! I saw a lot of coverage from the Curve Fashion Fest, it looked great. I hope you’re enjoying getting out with your camera. Have you ever thought about art journalling to help nurture your creativity? It’s something I’ve been getting into recently and I recommend it whenever people say they’re lacking a little creative spark.

6. rhianwestbury
    October 24, 2017 / 4:04 pm

Some great pictures, it’s always good to have your camera on you and I can’t wait to see what you get up to in Spain x

7. Joanna
    October 24, 2017 / 6:59 pm

It seems that you have had a great month in September! I love when the routine is broken up by trips and beautiful people, they do make our moments to remember in life. My September involved a trip to Spain as well 🙂

8. October 24, 2017 / 7:18 pm

Ahh what gorgeous photos! It really does look like a busy month, such lovely moments you’ve captured!

9. October 24, 2017 / 9:05 pm

What an amazing sounding September you had, your so brave going out in your underwear – just the thought has me shivering at this time of year! The photos do look awesome though.

10. October 25, 2017 / 11:02 am

It sounds like you’ve had such a busy month, my month has been relatively busy too. I’m loving the photographs you’ve taken xx

11. October 25, 2017 / 12:37 pm

Absolutely loving the photos and I would love a post on how to take better pictures; I got my first “proper” camera in June and am still learning. I wish I had been able to come up to Liverpool as I miss seeing all you beautiful ladies! xx

12. October 25, 2017 / 1:40 pm

Tell me about it time seems to go so quickly! Love that scarf btw, my type of thing for sure 🙂 x

13. glamglitzgloss
    October 25, 2017 / 2:05 pm

Well that sounds like a fantastic month. Your photography shots look amazing, well done on your improvement. Curve Fashion sounded fab, I love meeting up with my blogging friends, isn’t it lovely that our little world online has brought so many new people into our lives

14. October 25, 2017 / 3:27 pm

Your photos are coming along nicely lovely! I like the close up shots of nature especially and how you have created a Bokeh effect!

15. October 25, 2017 / 6:39 pm

I’m glad that you have been making the time to do something for yourself – your photos look great! Well worth carrying your camera around for!

16. October 25, 2017 / 10:42 pm

The months are just flying by! You really did have a busy month! I’m glad it was a positive one

17. October 30, 2017 / 11:12 am

Sounds like you had a super busy and brilliant month! Fabulous photos