The Witching Hour?

The Witching Hour?

Well we are approaching Halloween and there is something a little bewitching about this Sculptresse set.

I vowed off buying black lingerie earlier this year when I realised that the drawer reserved for darker bras was overflowing – quite literally as I’d lost several bras down the back of the cupboard and didn’t notice for several months.

I’m supposed to be downsizing my wardrobe, something that I’m not proving to be very successful at.   We’re going to be moving house soon and I’m seeing that as a fresh start; an excuse to really think about my style, the things I wear, and the items I really enjoy wearing.   My wardrobe is largely filled with frivolous items and I’m ever adding to it and this is something that really needs to stop, or at least ease.

Anyway, I digress … to get back on track … I have many beautifully crafted, inky black lingerie sets.  So many, that my draw is overflowing with them.  Yet I couldn’t resist another.  And this one is a little different (right?).

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The Sculptresse Candi bra is a full cup bra made from a three-piece construction.  It has a spot mesh panel and is made from a very smooth, satin material that has a subtle shine to the fabric.

The Candi is a classic bra. It is simple and elegant and little bit vintage feeling in its simplicity.   I love the liquid ink feel to the satin fabric that just glows under the lighting of my dark little lounge.   It feels very old school hollywood and who doesn’t want to feel a little starlet in their new lingerie?

The Witching Hour? Inky black plus size lingerie

I’m wearing a 36H and it a perfect fit suggesting that the band is very true to the likes of Elomi and Curvy Kate.  The cup is perhaps a little shallower than the Elomi bras but similar in depth to Curvy Kate.   Perhaps I just need to accept that I’m more often  H cup than a GG now?

My only criticism of the bra is that I find the central for of the bra very high.   Now fuller bust, full cup bras do tend to be designed with a high central gore to add support and coverage.   However, I would prefer this particular bra’s gore to sit just a centimetre or two lower as I find it a little uncomfortable.

I have quite sensitive skin and the gore sitting just that little higher irritates me after a days wear.  I have remedied this by sewing a small patch of velvet-like material to the back, but I would prefer not to alter a bra myself.

The Witching Hour? Inky black plus size lingerie

The briefs are an 18 and a perfect fit.  They are a nice style for me; a hybrid between a boy short and a full brief.  They give coverage without sticking over the top of my jeans.

Despite the central-gore issues, I really do love this bra.   I highly recommend it as a bra that offers great support, coverage and comfort.   If previous Sculptresse bras are anything to go by, it will also last the distance and, if cared for properly, will provide support for years to come.

The Witching Hour? Inky black plus size lingerie

Outfit Details:

Sculptresse Candi Bra

Sculptresse Candi Brief

Figleaves Curve Oriental Robe

Over-the-knee wooly socks (they’re great for keeping warm when lounging in lingerie).

THE ITEMS REVIEWED IN THIS POST HAVE BEEN GIFTED BY SCULPTRESSE.
ALL THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS REMAIN TRUE TO MY FINDINGS.

1. October 25, 2017 / 9:00 am

It can be so difficult to find a comfy bra, I tend to have a couple that I alternate between, great to read a review first!

2. rhianwestbury
    October 25, 2017 / 9:56 am

I love the detailing on this bra it’s such a nice design. Moving is always a good excuse to clear out and then buy more bits x

3. October 25, 2017 / 5:01 pm

It seems like a great bra. I need some more comfy ones as mine are getting a bit worn. I do quite like the style of this one.

4. October 25, 2017 / 11:18 pm

That looks like such a lovely set! Can be so hard to find a comfy bra can’t it?

5. October 26, 2017 / 1:30 am

Happy house moving!! And there are plenty of helpful blogs out there that share tips on how to declutter once you settle in. I do hope if you do decide to downsize,that you consider donating the bras to a hospital

6. October 26, 2017 / 10:57 am

I love the set on you, you look very comfortable in it but also beautiful. I always find lingerie tends to not have both comfort and beauty in mind.. usually it’s one of the other!

7. October 26, 2017 / 11:10 pm

You look freaking amazing! I love pretty black lingerie the most x

8. Laura H
    October 26, 2017 / 11:45 pm

It’s so important to have a well supporting bra that fits, feels good and makes you feel good about yourself! Looking great 🙂

9. October 27, 2017 / 1:58 am

I’m not familiar with Sculptresse, but I love their bra and panty set on you!

10. October 28, 2017 / 9:44 am

This is not a brand I have heard of before but I love Curvy Kate so will look out for this

11. October 28, 2017 / 1:25 pm

The bra looks so comfortable but also super cute! It´s rare to find both those elements in one garment, especially when it comes to lingerie.

12. amielizabethblog
    October 28, 2017 / 3:57 pm

I am in desperate need of some new underwear! These look so pretty and I love the detail on the bra. I am supposed to be clearing out my wardrobe too, proving more than unsuccessful! Haha. Hope you’re having a lovely weekend. x

13. thestyletune
    October 28, 2017 / 8:09 pm

the bra is sooooo stunning and you look soooo good girl!!! you are right about the center!

14. October 29, 2017 / 8:39 pm

Love love love this set! I like the design of the underwear as I like to have the coverage of a boy short too. Will check this out in store x