This is my Halloween Costume

This is my Halloween Costume

Autumn really is a bloggers paradise; pick-your-own pumpkin farms and colourful arrays of fallen leaves, yankee candles and warming stew recipes, leaf-trampling boots and snuggly jumpers.   Autumn really does provide inspiration after inspiration for us bloggers.

And lets not forget Halloween.  For weeks now my Instagram stream has been filled with spooky inspiration.   The skills of some beauty bloggers are simply awe-inspiring as they turn themselves into vampires, witches, disney villains and zombies.  Lifestyle bloggers turn their homes into spook-tacular caves and foodie bloggers create the amazing pumpkin-themed treats for kids and adult alike.

And me?   Well, I don’t really buy into Halloween that much.   There are many blogger cliches I buy into whole heartedly, although I have not yet purchased marbled wrapping paper to fake a marble-flat lay).   Yet Halloween is just not one for me.

Firstly, I hate scary movies.

I really don’t need to watch them to give myself nightmares.  I have a ridiculously overactive imagination as it is.

My husband likes to watch The Walking Dead.   I love it too … but I have to check in the wardrobe, under my bed, and in the garden for zombies before I can turn off the light.

Whilst taking these photos, someone started knocking at the back of the graveyard.   I couldn’t see what was causing the noise; so I legged it out of there as quick as possible rather than stick around to be found in my very own living nightmare.

If that alone doesn’t show you how whimpy I am; I’m currently reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo on the recommendation of What Page Are You On. I’ve slept with the light on three nights in the row as my husband has been away and a Snowman might come to get me.   And that book isn’t even a horror.

This Is My Halloween Costume - Plus Size Halloween Outfits with In The Style Curve

Secondly, dressing up seems such an effort

I mean, I’m a fashion blogger … right? So dressing up should be my thing.

Year after year I’ve tried to get excited by Halloween dress up.   I have even faked excitement, making all my friends and colleagues dress up.  Then I’ve started researching outfits and realise just how expensive it will be to make myself look like Maleficent.  Polyester dress-ups and plastic headdresses just don’t do it for me.

Thirdly, I’m awful at make up

I’m a minimal make up girl; a flash of BB cream, some mascara and a little bit of lipstick is about as dramatic as I go.   I haven’t learnt any kind of beauty skills, mostly as I’m allergic to a lot of products but also because I have very little patience to learn how to contour or perfect a winged eyeliner.

Therefore, painting my face to look like Ursula is going to turn into some kind of disaster.  Plus, I’d likely stain my bed sheets.

So this Halloween, I won’t pretend.   I will wear my completely adorable In The Style Curve ‘This is my Halloween Costume’ t’shirt, close my curtains, and ignore the trick-or-treaters.

Halloween falls on Tuesday this year so I’ll likely enjoy a spiced gin and ginger ale cocktail and watch an episode of The Walking Dead, or maybe The Deuce which is my other series obsessions right now.

How will you be celebrating Halloween this year?   Will you be dressing up? Or hiding indoors like me?

1. October 27, 2017 / 10:11 pm

Love the t-shirt. Definitely, want that! I love horror films, but I have to wait until my wife has a bath to watch them because she hates them.

2. October 28, 2017 / 6:27 am

Usually I try to dress up at Halloween to go trick or treating with little man, but I am not dressing up this year. Lovely T-shirt!

3. October 28, 2017 / 7:24 am

Girl, you slay! I do feel as if halloween costumes are sometimes way too overrated, after seeing you rocking something this simple, its gave me an idea what to wear for Halloween this year

4. October 28, 2017 / 9:34 am

I always put so much effort into the kids costumes that I don’t bother with one for me. I love the t-shirt!!

5. October 28, 2017 / 10:32 am

I was completely obsessed with witches as a child so I normally watch Hocus Pocus and Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Halloween – never really been one for dressing up but my mum could make a costume of of anything with about 10 minutes notice. Once went to a Halloween party dressed as a mad scientists/Dr Jekyll in my mums white catering coat with backcombed hair dusted with talcum powered – resourceful!

6. vegburgerhi
    October 28, 2017 / 11:15 am

I love Halloween so much but most of our friends are more like you. It’s so fun to dress up and really doesn’t take much effort if you have the prep right.

7. October 28, 2017 / 5:07 pm

A simple statement tee shirt goes a long way sometimes and you look spookily amazing in this tee! I’m like you and not a huge fan of Halloween as I find the history is lost a little with people more bothered about sweets than anything else!

8. October 28, 2017 / 6:43 pm

I don’t do dressing up at all so I have a couple of tshirts that I can wear this time of year and those are my Halloween costume too.

9. trinimamabebe
    October 28, 2017 / 9:41 pm

I wish I had this outfit for tomorrow night at a party and I hate dressing up

10. October 29, 2017 / 12:02 pm

That shirt is brilliant! I love it so much, lol! I don’t have fake marble wallpaper either (I have an actual real marble slab I use to temper chocolate on… but that’s beside the point). 😉

11. October 29, 2017 / 7:11 pm

At least you have the t shirt! I don’t actually dress up at all! I think Halloween is more about the kids and even then mine aren’t overly bothered!

• November 3, 2017 / 4:15 pm

I remember having Halloween parties- but only when really little and then it was more about apple bobbing and playing party games than dressing up or trick’n’treat.

12. October 30, 2017 / 7:01 am

Wow it really looks a nice dress up and I love to have this for tomorrow. Glad you share this

13. October 30, 2017 / 8:04 am

I don’t mind dressing up although I never find I can be as creative as others. I went to comic con at the weekend which was my Halloween inspired night out x

• November 3, 2017 / 4:15 pm

Oh, how was comic con? I’ve heard such wonderful things about it!

14. October 30, 2017 / 12:31 pm

I must admit I’m one of those bloggers that is totally in my element around Halloween!! It doesn’t have to be super expensive though I tend to make a lot of stuff, costumes and makeup are my thing I really enjoy taking the time to do them and I do love a bit of gore but I know it’s not for everyone! Enjoy Halloween how you like and if scary movies aren’t your thing just curl up with a chick flick 🙂

• November 3, 2017 / 4:14 pm

Making stuff is so cool! I love that people get so excited about Halloween, but this year I’m just really not that fussed!

15. November 12, 2017 / 9:56 pm

Haha I love that! What a fab costume and so wearable too! I didn’t dress up at all this year!