A Cosy Christmas

A Cosy Christmas

This Christmas is going to be a little different to my normal hectic party-season.  December is being taken up by one mammoth holiday to Cuba.  In fact, as you read this, I’m likely to be on a beach sipping mojitos or snorkelling amongst all those bright, tropical fish (and maybe a few reef sharks – one can hope).

This epic holiday means I’m skipping all the parties and usual mayhem and, on return from Cuba, I’ll be retreating a cosy Christmas spent in Devon.   I’m hoping Fergus will be in recovery by then and able to join Iain and I on some long, frosty beach walks before we spend evenings in with Port, cheese and board games.

You see, the glitz and glam of party season is all very well and good; but its been quite a manic year and the last few months have been extremely stressful.  For that reason, I’m really looking forward to a quiet Christmas spent with my family.

A Cosy Comfy Christmas - Plus Size Relaxed Style

A Cosy Comfy Christmas - Plus Size Relaxed Style

A Cosy Comfy Christmas - Plus Size Relaxed Style

I’m looking forward to wearing oversized jumper dresses and gorging on Christmas movies.

I’m looking forward to being slovenly; not brushing my hair and discarding make up.

I’m looking forward to lying in before going out for a wander to the beach.

And I’m looking forward to getting early nights, with a good book and no emails!

1. gingeybiteseats
    December 23, 2017 / 11:43 am

Lovely! We were away last year (in Australia) and enjoyed the break from the festive mayhem which takes over here whether you like it or not. Enjoy a cosy and quiet break on your return!

2. December 23, 2017 / 8:38 pm

I am so jealous, I wouldn’t mind spending Christmas in Cuba instead of the cold England, lovely pictures

3. annalisanuttall
    December 23, 2017 / 10:54 pm

What a peaceful walk, love the look of the golden leaves. Lucky you going to Cuba. xx

4. December 24, 2017 / 7:42 am

I hope you are having a fabulous time and I’m not jealous in the slightest…. well much!

5. December 24, 2017 / 10:02 am

Ah have an amazing time, I love Cuba so much so the idea of spending Christmas there sounds wonderful. Happy Christmas!

6. December 24, 2017 / 11:52 am

I hope you have the most amazing trip away it sounds fabulous and a much-deserved break I’m sure. happy Christmas x

7. December 24, 2017 / 7:55 pm

Christmas in Cuba sounds awesome, Certainly different but a walk on Christmas morning on the beach is something I would not refuse. Have a wonderful break with your family.

8. December 24, 2017 / 11:42 pm

Hope you had a great time, bet the weather was amazing compared to here in the UK!

9. December 27, 2017 / 7:54 pm

I had a quiet Christmas. Always think Christmas should be all warm and cozy

10. thestyletune
    December 30, 2017 / 6:42 pm

Ah going away for christmas is so much fun, i am sure you are having a lot of fun in Cuba.

11. December 31, 2017 / 2:48 pm

I hope you had a very lovely Christmas and managed to enjoy early nights and reading a book x