The Travel Lover's Gift Guide

The Travel Lover's Gift Guide

Travel is the modern twenty-something’s hope.

We can’t afford houses.  We can’t afford a decent pension.  We’re on zero hour contracts.  We work longer hours for less money.  We get a pay cut every year because our wages don’t match inflation.

In my area, we need to save £30,000 – £40,000 for a mortgage – and even then, the repayments would leave us eating bread husks for years to come.

So why bother?  Why bother when you can travel?

IMG_1168

Travel is escapism; forgetting about the fact that you have over 600 unread emails and that you have 20 reports to write before the end of the month.

Travel is learning about other cultures, other histories, other personalities.

Travel is getting to know yourself; your loves, your dislikes, your ambitions.

For me, travel is hope! Something to look forward to, to plan (endlessly), and to aspire to whilst living.

And I know that many other people of my generation place travelling above houses, pensions, and cars.   Because, lets face travel is attainable – the rest is not.

So if you have a travel-bitten loved one, consider indulging them this Christmas with some of my favourite picks.

Below £20

Personalised Typographic Photo Album

Personalised Retro Leather Camera Strap

Over £100

savonne copy 2

Clockwise from top left:

Olympus Pen E-PL8 Compact System Camera

And if anyone is yet to get me something, I would love all of these things.  Hint, hint, wink, wink!  Except the expensive stuff, no-one should spend that kind of money on little-old-me!

Which would you choose?

Like these pics?  Then don’t forget to bookmark them on Pinterest!

1. December 19, 2017 / 10:47 pm

I love your opening statement about travel being millenial hope. It’s so true about the financial climate- so why feel pressured to get a mortgage & do what is expected? Travel! I’m being a hypocrite- i don’t. But when i leave uni that will be a main goal of mine.

2. Hannah Denton
    December 19, 2017 / 10:56 pm

Yes! I adore the camera straps…I’m secretly hoping my BF will see this and buy me one 😂😍

3. December 19, 2017 / 11:26 pm

I love the scratch map, I think it’s a great personalised present and fab for those who travel a lot. I also love instax cameras, can take so many cute little photos, perfect for creating a memory book!

4. December 20, 2017 / 11:12 am

There’s a lot of cool gifts there, I like the idea of the stamp book. I have that scratch map and it’s so awesome x

5. December 20, 2017 / 8:39 pm

OK, I pretty much want it all! My ultimate choices would be the scratch map and the Instax camera – fun but useful!

6. December 21, 2017 / 1:19 am

I love how you created a travel gift guide to suit all budgets. For me I love the sound of the stripe eye mask in pink and white and the instapix mini camera too x

7. December 21, 2017 / 11:58 am

I love the idea of a travel scratch map. We haven’t travelled since we had children though, so I think it would look a little sparse!

8. December 22, 2017 / 12:45 am

I love the scratch map, my son and I have so much fun with it. The Olympus pen is at the top of my wish list this Xmas x

9. December 22, 2017 / 12:46 am

I love the scratch map, my son and I have so much fun with it. The Olympus pen is at the top of my wish list x

10. December 22, 2017 / 12:49 am

11. January 26, 2018 / 7:56 pm

I’ve never travelled before, and always thought it was really really expensive to get all the separate stuff, this just shows me it’s not, will definitely look into these, sounds great.

12. January 26, 2018 / 8:32 pm

I love that camera strap, I have a feeling I’ll be treating myself to one very soon! It really is gorgeous x

13. January 28, 2018 / 12:21 am

My folks are just coming out of the other side (late thirties), they did a lot of travelling in their twenties before settling down, buying a house (before the recession) and having me. Now things have changed and I’m at an age where we all want to start travelling as a family. Great picks and we can’t wait to see the rest of the world x

14. January 28, 2018 / 11:17 am

look at those tiles! I love my instax mini, I need to use it more when we travel! x

15. January 28, 2018 / 5:13 pm

Ah the Olympus Pen camera, it does look amazing in fairness though I think it should be renamed The Bloggers Blogging Camera as everyone seems to have it!

16. January 29, 2018 / 12:40 am

I would love an instant camera. It would be fantastic. Angela – The Postcard Traveller

17. January 30, 2018 / 11:16 pm

These all look like fabulous gifts, I love the Rayban sunglasses