Timekeeping

Timekeeping

It was only fairly recently that I was converted to wearing a watch.   They’d never been a large part of my outfit choices – they seemed a little grown up; like something someone wears when they have their shit together.  I definitely do not have that.  I’m far from it.

Yet, as I’ve become okay with the idea of not having my shit together; I’ve also warmed to the idea of a watch.

My first watch was purchased by my husband some Christmas’ ago.   A rose gold Michael Kors; big and masculine in shape but dotted with a sparkling stone set that catches the light and really makes the watch a stand out timepiece. It was my first watch and probably my favourite for the sheer fact that my husband bought it for me – and I love most things he buys me.

Since then, I’ve had many a watch.   They’re becoming like collectables to me.  They’ve become like a further expression of my outfit and, therefore, my mood; whether I want  a strong masculine look or something softer, I’ve begun to gather a watch for every occasion.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

My latest watch is perfect for daily wear.  A large bold face with a soft cream background laid with roman numerals and subtle blue hands and gold edging.  The Daniel Wellington Dapper watch is actually designed for men, with a plain leather strap in a deep mahogany colour.    But I’ve never been entirely certain why watches are gendered …

The piece comes with a battery already fitted and an added date option.  The leather strap is strong but supple, wrapping easily around your wrist and is lined with a softer cream leather that feels great against your skin.

Time Keeping: An Every day watch from House of Watches

Time Keeping: An Every day watch from House of Watches

Time Keeping: An Every day watch from House of Watches

Time Keeping: An Every day watch from House of Watches

Thankfully, with Christmas just around the corner, the time for buying a new time piece is here and House of Watches have a vast selection to choose from as well as 10% of when you spend over £100.

What style would you choose?

THE WATCH SHOWN IN THIS POST HAVE BEEN GIFTED BY HOUSE OF WATCHES.
ALL THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS REMAIN TRUE TO MY FINDINGS.

1. Tamara Canup
    December 19, 2017 / 4:29 am

I keep meaning to invest in a good watch. I used to wear one every single day. I was lost without it! When smartphones came around I sort of stopped wearing them and I miss it. I miss the simplicity of just checking the time.

2. Hannah Denton
    December 19, 2017 / 10:31 pm

Ohhh 10% discount just in time for Christmas – The best thank you!!

3. December 19, 2017 / 11:15 pm

Ooh lovely! I don’t wear a watch but have just got a fitbit which I love and also tells the time so that’s a bonus!

4. December 20, 2017 / 12:02 am

Love the style of this – much prefer a chunkier ‘mens’ watch over a more delicate looking one x

5. December 20, 2017 / 2:31 pm

I like a watch to have a large face, I love a well made and finished watch

6. December 20, 2017 / 2:53 pm

What a gorgeous watch! Despite it being a mans design it’s actually really elegant.

7. December 20, 2017 / 3:48 pm

What a beautiful watch, I have to admit I go through phases of wearing different watches, I think we become so used to have a phone with the time we seem to have forgotten a little about a good old wrist watch.

8. December 20, 2017 / 3:49 pm

I love the simplistic look of this watch, I tend to use my fitbit and wear it everyday but I do appreciate the craftsmanship it takes to create a time piece, it is a dying profession I feel now.

9. December 20, 2017 / 5:06 pm

I have a gorgeous watch that I try to wear every day, but I am one of those folk that needs to keep being reminded to wear it. I think we’re just so used to checking our phones rather than our wrists these days.

10. December 20, 2017 / 8:59 pm

Nice post hun! I haven’t owned a wrist watch in quite some time but I keep seeing them everywhere so I may need to invest!

11. December 20, 2017 / 10:58 pm

The watch looks great on your wrist. 10% off just before Christmas and would be handy. Need a new watch.

12. December 21, 2017 / 12:27 am

This is a lovely watch, very classy and classic looking. I can’t be without a watch now as I’ve worn one for years, it feels weird without one!

13. December 21, 2017 / 10:14 am

I love the look of this and also prefer men’s watches, they often have more of a classic look to them I find.

14. December 21, 2017 / 11:20 am

This is a lovely watch, I seem to go through phases with them, either always have one on or not at all!

15. December 21, 2017 / 2:01 pm

I do love wearing watches although I have gone over to the dark side and got a smart watch, this would be ideal for a night out

16. December 21, 2017 / 9:08 pm

My mummy rarely wears a watch as she’s yet to find one that she likes. This looks very wearable and practical and would go with a lot of outfits – that’s why it appeals to her. Great find!

17. afshanesque
    December 21, 2017 / 10:32 pm

Looks like a great timepieces and perfect on your wrist. Need to look into a good watch.

18. Anosa
    December 22, 2017 / 3:17 am

I’ve always wanted a DW watch the ones that take my preference from their site are the gold and black ones! I like watches that have a certain muscling vibe, big face and nice chunky straps!

19. December 22, 2017 / 6:02 am

I always love a good watch review. I have a wooden watch which I love to bits. This a great watch I know my wife would like too. Thanks for Sharing
    John M

20. Danielle
    December 22, 2017 / 8:00 pm

What a pretty watch. I actually have a bit of a thing for watches and I can never have too many.

21. December 23, 2017 / 2:10 pm

I love the look of that style of watch but I actually have a smart watch!

22. December 24, 2017 / 3:52 pm

I have a few Daniel Wellington watches and love them! Always make me feel so sophisticated haha x

23. December 26, 2017 / 11:20 pm

I do love big watches too but hate it when people say, oh you got a man’s watch. Why does it have to be gendered? Love this watch for sure

24. December 28, 2017 / 3:23 pm

That is such a lovely watch, it really suits you. I really should wear a watch more often