2018 Travel Inspiration

2018 Travel Inspiration

2017 has been a great year for travel taking me to both foreign isles and the peaks of home.
There is something about exploring new places; it both relaxes and invigorates, inspires and challenges.  You don’t need to be a seasoned adventurer to experience this; simply getting away from the pressures and stresses of home-life can change your perspective, give you time to see things from a different point of view.   I think this is why I really love travel so much – travel is stepping outside your circle, which ultimately allows you to interrogate that circle and all it encompasses.
2018 Travel Inspiration- Bucket List Travel - New York

View from the Highline, New York City

This year I have been lucky enough to experience many places away from home, both for work and for pleasure.

Spanish languages dominated with Seville, Granada, and Cuba delighting my holiday allowance; the valleys and caves of the Peak District delighted both Pooch and I, even if we got more than a little soggy whilst exploring; and with, days spent at work, my evenings in New York, Liverpool and Berlin were filled with amazing restaurants and some sneaky sightseeing.   And of course, there were countless trips down to Devon; the English Riviera and its many, many seafood restaurants.

2018 Travel Inspiration- Bucket List Travel - New York

On the Steps of The Met, New York City

2018 Travel Inspiration- Bucket List Travel

The Alhambra, Granada

2018 Travel Inspiration- Bucket List Travel - The Peak District

Castleton, The Peak District

2018 Travel Inspiration- Bucket List Travel - Seville

Plaza de Espana, Seville

2018 Travel Inspiration- Bucket List Travel - Liverpool

Albert Dock, Liverpool

2018 Travel Inspiration- Bucket List Travel

The Soviet Memorial, Berlin

2018 Travel Inspiration- Bucket List Travel - Devon, Brixham

Broadsands & Elberry Cove, Devon

And now, as we draw to the year’s end, I’m looking forward to 2018 travels and all they may bring.   I won’t lie, I’ve been planning them for a while already – I have the longest list of travel aspirations but 2018’s are planned around friends and family; about quality time spent with those who have moved abroad, or who I simply want to spend more time with.

So here it is, my 2018 bucket list if you will:

1. Stockholm

2. Madrid

3. Lake Ohrid, Macedonia

4. Amsterdam

5. North Cornwall

6. York

Will they happen? Who knows. I’m going to try my hardest to make the plans come reality but 2018 holds a lot of change and what is life if perfectly planned?

Do you have 2018 travel plans? Please share so I can gather some more inspiration!

1. December 29, 2017 / 9:03 am

Amsterdam is a fantastic city, you should definitely try and get there! I loved it x

2. December 29, 2017 / 10:29 am

Looks like you’ve seen a lot of places in 2017, a few on there I saw this year too. I second Steph’s comment, Amsterdam is amazing! We’re hoping to finally get to Australia this year 😊

3. December 29, 2017 / 2:19 pm

You’ve been to such wonderful places. I live in Liverpool currently & it’s easy to forget to appreciate what is right in front of you. I love Albert Docks x

4. December 29, 2017 / 3:11 pm

Wow it sounds like you got up to some amazing adventures this year (2017) and I’m sure it will be the same next year! Can’t wait to read what you get up too

Laura x

5. December 29, 2017 / 3:42 pm

Wow sounds like you made some amazing memories this year with all the travelling you’ve done this year hun! Some fab pics in this post and on your IG this year!

6. December 29, 2017 / 5:21 pm

You certainly did some travelling this year. I got as far as Devon. Not so easy with two kids but we are definitely going to get their passports sorted for 2018. Happy New Year!

7. yeahlifestyle
    December 29, 2017 / 7:17 pm

Seems like you have travelled to so many fantastic places this year. Hopefully you will continue to travel to fantastic places again next year.

8. amanda millie
    December 29, 2017 / 10:48 pm

Your pictures are beautiful, you’ve definitely been very lucky this year with i’m super jealous. Can i come in your luggage in 2018? 😉

9. December 29, 2017 / 11:09 pm

I want to visit Amsterdam too next year. Have a few different places I’d like to see

10. December 30, 2017 / 7:55 am

Your list is great – I agree. I just wonder that why you in many cases visit only capitals. More interesting places are outside them. One simple example: Many stays in Helsinki, Finland. Why they do not take train to Kemi where is World’s Biggest Snow Castle? Inside there is ice bar, chapel, snow hotel where to spend night etc.

Best Snow Castle photos

Nearby there are Santa village where You can take reindeer rides and even patriciate in reindeer race free. These are experiences, which capital do not offer.

Happy and safe travel in 2018.

11. December 30, 2017 / 10:52 am

Looks like you had a good year with your travels. I’ve never been to the peak district and yet it’s not that far from me. Im hoping now my daughter will be 1 next year we can explore more of the UK and have some holidays.

12. December 30, 2017 / 2:57 pm

Sounds like you have had an amazing year of travel. Berlin is on this years list for us and would love to go to New York

13. December 30, 2017 / 5:55 pm

I hope u manage to go to all the places u want to. Our main travel goal for next year is to go to Fetuventura as I’ve been wanting to up for awhile.

14. December 30, 2017 / 8:25 pm

You’ve got some fab places on your 2018 bucket list- I’ve got a few places I would like to visit next year too

15. December 31, 2017 / 1:43 pm

You travelled a lot last year! We’re hoping to go somewhere in Europe with the kids as well as North Norfolk next year – I love planning holidays!

16. January 1, 2018 / 12:44 pm

You have been to a few places this year that I would love to go to! I have managed a few trips myself and can highly recommend Slovenia!

17. January 2, 2018 / 11:07 am

You definitely had an amazing travel year in 2017, photos are so lovely. I managed to cross off 6 countries last year which i’m quite proud of given i’m a working mom. This year i’m already booked to Hong Kong and China in February. Cheers to an amazing 2018