Rejuvenate

Rejuvenate

Change is good.   Change is great.   Change keeps us alive; keeps us striving.

Life would be very boring without change.

As regular readers are aware, I’m at a cross roads in my life right now.    It is both an exciting time and a terrifying time.   And, of course, my way of dealing with this is to implement more change.

I’m never one to rest on my laurels and let life tick by.  I am, at heart and in essence, proactive. If I want something, I work to get it.  I’m blessed with a motivated energy; perhaps being ill as a teenager means I now want to make the most of every minute or, perhaps, it is just my natural nature.  Either way, when I want something I tend to have the energy to go out and get it.

Instigating Change in Your Life. Simplicity and a capsule wardrobe.

And what I want most right now, is a little more simplicity in my life.   In my wardrobe, in my work, in my house.

Simplicity rules.

That want it partly to thank for this new blog design; a sleek, less cluttered CGT which allows me to  showcase my creativity a little more.    It is by no means complete; I’m working on a reduced taxonomy (that would be thematic tags on my posts) and a way to declutter my posts even further.   But, whilst I work this out, I’m really pleased with this sleeker design and functionality.

I’ve also integrated a shop into my blog.  This is my ever growing wishlist of items I would buy should I have bottomless pockets.   I plan to update this regularly so please do check it out.

My wish for simplicity is also seeping into my fashion sense.   I have a few exciting posts coming this month and after, for February, I plan to participate in a month long challenge of dressing daily from a small capsule wardrobe of no more than 25 items.   This includes shoes, coats, trousers, skirts and jumpers.   I’m not including socks or underwear in that list as no-one has time to do that amount of washing. This challenge is partially a necessity, half my clothes are already bundled up in Devon.  Yet it also derives from a want to really examine my wardrobe and decide what I really love to wear.

Instigating Change in Your Life. Simplicity and a capsule wardrobe.

I am guilty of buying new and frivolous items, wearing them once and discarding them to the back of the wardrobe, never to be seen again.   It is such a terrible waste of both time, money and space and I love the idea of having a smaller wardrobe that I can be proud of.   I’ve spent the past few weeks really examining my wardrobe, deciding what I see as essential and what I see as frivolous and coming up with a list of items for my capsule wardrobe.

It is an experiment to see if I can be a little more simple in my wardrobe.  And if it works, I plan to sell of a lot of my items and began afresh with a more constructed wardrobe of well made items.

Stay tuned …

Colour Block Jumper
& Other Stories Leather Pumps
Pale Pink Long Line Gillet
& Other Stories Mohair Jumper
V by Very Longline Jacket

1. January 20, 2018 / 8:24 am

That bit about clothes is right up my alley, can buy things, wear them once and they’re gone to someone else within a week (which is bad), going to take your advice sort my wardrobe out with what is needed and what is just there collecting dust.

2. January 20, 2018 / 4:05 pm

I am a huge lover of quotes and inspiration and I was immediately drawn to this “CHANGE IS GOOD. CHANGE IS GREAT. CHANGE KEEPS US ALIVE; KEEPS US STRIVING.” thanks for the reminder!

3. January 20, 2018 / 4:32 pm

I’m guilty too. I buy so much stuff and now it seems I’m something of a clutter bug. I’ve even started buying duplicates! I have like six black cardigans and have even brought the same pair of boots..TWICE. LOL

I hope to crave the simplicity you’re incorporating into your life. Not there just yet…like shopping too much. 🙂

4. January 20, 2018 / 5:37 pm

Simplicity is key to living an organized life. When I shop, I buy only classic items that I know I’ll wear for years to come ☺️. Looking forward to seeing your updated wishlist – if only we could all buy everything on our wishlists!

5. January 21, 2018 / 12:25 am

the last paragraph is so me, I am the same when it comes to clothes. Really need to sort it and not just close the wardrobe doors

6. January 21, 2018 / 8:58 am

Yes! This is so what I’m hoping to achieve this year. Just streamline my life really!

7. January 21, 2018 / 2:34 pm

oh yes I have a wardrobe full of things I have born and worn once or even worse never even taken the tags off

8. January 22, 2018 / 9:34 am

I am really had at being frivolous and buying too much so I had a massive clear out recently and while I’m not down to anywhere near 25 items I do feel better with a smaller amount of things x

9. January 22, 2018 / 3:25 pm

Change is good and without it I would be totally bored. Hence I always try and mix things up a little from time to time x

10. January 22, 2018 / 10:08 pm

Learning to accept change and see it as a positive thing is SO important!

11. January 23, 2018 / 8:53 am

I agree change is good and keeps the blood pumping. My granddad used t say ‘ A change is good as a rest ‘

12. Katrina
    January 24, 2018 / 8:40 pm

I would love to live more simply so cannot
    Wait to see how you get on!

13. January 25, 2018 / 6:44 am

that is so me right now. I’m trying to lean more towards the simplistic and minimalist life.

14. January 25, 2018 / 12:23 pm

A change is always as good as a rest. I am the opposite though, I desperately need to update my wardrobe but don’t have the confidence to do so

15. January 26, 2018 / 7:07 pm

I can totally relate with buying some stuff then forgetting all about them. The only permanent in life is Change.

16. Rachel
    January 27, 2018 / 10:58 am

I’m feeling exactly the same as I’ve come into the new year! I need a more minimalistic lifestyle! xo