Days in Denim

Plus size winter denim look book: skinny, straight leg, and mom jeans to see you through any situation. Plus size casual style guide. Plus size winter denim look book: skinny, straight leg, and mom jeans to see you through any situation. Plus size casual style guide. Plus size winter denim look book: skinny, straight leg, and mom jeans to see you through any situation. Plus size casual style guide.   Denim is a new love affair for me. As a plus size woman, I have bought into an idea that denim isn’t really something I can wear.  That it is a tricky item that will never fit me well.   That denim is little more than a convenience piece; a pair of skinny jeans thrown on to walk the dog or when I simply can’t be bothered to style an outfit. It wasn’t really until last year, and a pair of Mom jeans – heavily influenced by Bethany Rutter – that my opinion of denim started to change.   Suddenly, denim was my go to. I lived in those Mom jeans … I mean, they feature in almost every photo of me taken last summer! I realised that jeans don’t need to be simply functional; they can be fun and playful, they can depict a mood or feeling.   They can be unflattering – and I have realised that I love a pair of oversized and unflattering jeans! Because really, does everything need to be flattering? Since last summer, jeans have become a casual wardrobe essential for me.  And I have grown bolder in my styles; experimenting away from the plain skinny jeans and wearing a multitude of fit and style.  Over the past month I’ve been documenting  my denim journeys and thought perhaps I should share these with you.

Vintage  Denim

I call these my unflattering jeans! They are ultra high-waisted before blooming out into a mass of material.   I think they are the comfiest jeans I own; made from a soft denim and cut oversized.   I love pairing them with a skinny polo neck or tucked in jumper.   I wear the legs rolled up for a 1940’s land-girl feel and they look equally as great with a pair of ankle boots as they do my trainers!

SHOP MY LOOK

Lounging Denim

Skinny jeans will always be hung in my wardrobe. They are just easy, comfy, lazy styling. The Simply Be Shape & Sculpt range is perfect for lounging (although they are also perfect for dressing up).  They’re made from a firm but soft denim with enough stretch to encase your hips whilst remaining skinny through the leg.   I’m also thrilled to say that they suck in nicely at the waist preventing that back-gape that so many jeans have – which is good as they don’t come with belt loops for cinching! They come up large though so definitely size down in these!

SHOP MY LOOK

The Denim Skirt

There is something very retro feeling about a denim skirt. Pair with sneakers and a polo neck for laid back style or high heels and a trench coat for work.   Either way, it feels very 70s luxe and it is definitely going to be easy to carry this through into spring/summer style.

Share:
, , ,
Items from Simply Be have been gifted for the purpose of review.   All thoughts and opinions expressed remain true to my findings.

1. February 2, 2018 / 9:56 pm

I love your style, and how you express your curves in all that you wear, it’s so inspiring. I’m a denim lover aswell but the styles of what you’re wearing so going to have to check them out.

2. February 3, 2018 / 11:58 am

I live in my denim and styles have got so much more flattering in recent years, especially for plus size ladies

3. February 3, 2018 / 12:19 pm

Love the wrap jumper in the beige/cream colour – really suits you and could be dressed up or down x

4. February 3, 2018 / 3:25 pm

Since i started working from home all i do is live in denim, so comfy and very versatile which is exactly what i need, loving those jeans x

5. February 3, 2018 / 3:56 pm

I miss wearing denim, I used to live in it before it became to sore to wear. I really do believe whatever size you are you can rock it as well.

6. February 3, 2018 / 6:04 pm

Loving your writing style and demin write-up. I think you look fab wearing the denim skirt and should wear demin more often. We love denims and wear it so often.

7. February 3, 2018 / 7:27 pm

I love soft denim as well. I hate it when you buy jeans and they’re so stiff you can’t sit down in them properly!

8. February 3, 2018 / 8:42 pm

I forever live in skinny jeans. For me denim is such a great item to have in your wardrobe as you can easy style it up or keep it casual.

9. February 3, 2018 / 9:24 pm

I love wearing denim. I live in it on a daily basis! I love a good pair of jeans or a denim pinafore, you look great!

10. February 3, 2018 / 10:18 pm

I love denim, its easy to care, hardwearing and so very versatile. I love all your styles and they look fab on you.

11. February 4, 2018 / 4:01 pm

Denim will never be out of fashion will it, there are always ways of wearing it, from casual to almost smart. I love the denim skirt you have on, very flattering and easy to wear.

12. Helen
    February 4, 2018 / 6:53 pm

I live in denim and would choose jeans to wear everywhere if I could. I love how the different cuts feel so different and change a look and it is so flattering for all shapes and sizes.

13. February 5, 2018 / 2:45 pm

High waisted are definitely more comfortable – I’m so glad the trend for low slung is over! Good for you embracing what you want to wear!

14. February 5, 2018 / 7:20 pm

I barely wear denim anymore, I’m more hooked on my dresses and skirts with tights these days! But I love all you outfits styled with denim and you may have convinced me to want to love denim again! X

15. February 6, 2018 / 8:17 am

I love a good pair of jeans, I own over 30 pairs but have my favourites for all different things. I haven’t owned a denim skirt since I was about 15 but I think I might have to buy the one you have as it’s beautiful x

16. February 6, 2018 / 11:14 am

I’ve always loved denim, especially jeans and jackets! I just love how it can change an outfit completely! It’s also pretty comfortable if you opt for something softer than the really still denim that’s around x