Snowflake

Snowflake

They call millennial’s the snowflake generation.

They say we take offence easily, we’re less resilient.  That we are vulnerable.

Yet you only need to see the chaos the snow has caused the past months to realise that Snowflake isn’t such an antagonistic term.   I prefer to see it as being more ethically minded, more creative, more motivated by life satisfaction than making money.   And lets face it, no matter how much money we do make, we’re probably never retiring anyway!

The snowflake generation. Seeking life satisfaction and embracing our quirks, peculiarities and loves. New job, new jewellery, and finding the inner you!

And life satisfaction is exactly what I am seeking right now.  My view on life has shifted significantly in the past year; I don’t know why – perhaps it is a quarter life crises.   I’ve been seeking minimalism, authenticity, and something a little simpler.

For the past 5 years I have worked for quite a corporate company; I have done more overtime than I care to think about and spent most of the past two years travelling excessively.   I have worked hard for the simple purpose of money, I have felt the need to be promoted every year, to rise quickly, to be continually out of my depth.  I feel these are the expectations of a feminist 20-something in the work place.  Expectations that I am now turning my back on.

I have moved to Devon and, despite being snowed in twice, I have fallen in love with the place.   There is a sense of community here that you simply don’t get in the London commuter belt.   My free hours are spent walking on the moors, practicing my photography skills, and planning my home decor – I can promise there will be future blog posts on all of these things.

I have a new job, starting next month, that is for a more philanthropic cause.  The money is diabolical, but the job is exciting.  It is a brave move for me but one that I am excited about – and will give lots of options for pictures of the cutest donkey’s.   I am choosing job satisfaction over money -and I am extremely excited.

You see, I really feel like I’ve found myself the past year.

I’ve spent more time doing the things I love; walking, photography, reading.  I’ve embraced my geek; I mean, you have to be geek to wear a Harry Potter ring, right?   Did you you know that The Jewel Hut have a whole range of Harry Potter jewellery?

I’ve found my style and started dressing for me – not for the expectations of others.

And I’ve started building experience in what really excites me; writing for LoveHoney’s new Headboard in order to encourage students to love their bodies more, and working more on creating content that generally excites me.   My first article for this fantastic, body positive and sex positive brand can be read here.

There are exciting times ahead, and I hope you will join me on them!

Shop My Style

1. March 29, 2018 / 8:16 am

It sounds like you have such exciting times ahead of you! Can’t wait to read more.

2. March 29, 2018 / 8:35 am

A few of my friends have moved out of London recently and they’ve felt so much happier because of it.

I’m also obsessed with your Harry Potter ring – it’s gorgeous! I’m going to head over to The Jewel Hut now to see what other HP items they have 🙂

3. March 29, 2018 / 12:13 pm

I have been having this discussion recently, as we grow older we do change I know you are in your 20’s and finding the first stage, but hitting other milestones 30’s, 40’s and now 50’s my views have changed dramatically and it does get better. I also think it is great you are writing and hopefully getting the message through that we need to love our bodies x

4. March 29, 2018 / 6:52 pm

I am so pleased you are finding yourself more and becoming more happy in where you live and the things you do! I had no idea there was Harry Potter at The Jewel Hut I need to check this out!

5. March 30, 2018 / 7:16 am

Congrats on your new job, you have to do what feels right for you and if it means a paycut in order to be happy then most times it’s worth it x

6. March 30, 2018 / 8:50 am

I’m glad that life is going great for you. I hate the term snowflake for us, especially as I know I’m one that won’t take offence for anything lol.

7. March 30, 2018 / 12:29 pm

Looks like you have fallen in love with Devon! We only visited the place once and love it as well. We are also big fans of Harry Potter so its fab to know that The Jewel Hut offer them.

8. March 30, 2018 / 1:01 pm

Glad to hear you are moving to a more exciting job. Not always easy to do when you need the funds but from the sound of it it will be a good change for you. London is difficult, the hours are crazy and it’s not always easy to get the job satisfaction you will be getting in your new job x

9. March 30, 2018 / 2:38 pm

Job satisfaction over money is definitely the way to go!

10. bryanna skye
    March 31, 2018 / 8:41 pm

totally agree with you and love that you’re talking about this! I think it is a matter of being more ethically minded and being more aware of the wider world. so glad to hear things are going well for you

11. April 1, 2018 / 12:35 pm

It’s great that you have been able to do what you enjoy. I also love travelling!!

12. April 1, 2018 / 3:59 pm

Sounds like you are in a great place in your life! Well done on the move and the new job, I definitely think you have to be satisfied in life rather than fuelled by money. My sister is obsessed with Harry Potter so she will love to know they have a range on The Jewel Hut

13. Jem
    April 2, 2018 / 6:12 am

Congratulations on the new job. I really hope it all goes well for you.

14. April 2, 2018 / 6:58 am

I love Devon and would love to move there when the kids leave home. Good luck with leaving the rat race

15. April 2, 2018 / 8:34 pm

Looks like you know what you want and have worked hard to achieve it. Good luck with the new job.

16. April 3, 2018 / 6:18 pm

A really great post and I love when people find themselves through reflection like this. Snow flake is a great term 🙂 x

17. April 5, 2018 / 12:06 pm

We are looking to move out of London to be happier and have a better way of life. Me and my partner were saying London is for 25+ year olds who don’t want families and never see the insides of their homes. We have a family and need somewhere where we can bring them up. I also absolutely adore your Harry Potter ring, I need it in my life x